Neymar's Controversial and Emotional Departure from FC Barcelona


Neymar, so many things I want to tell you, so many questions I want to ask. I really don’t know where to begin. Neymar, Ney, you came from Brazil as a youngster with the biggest ambitions, hopes, and dreams. You soon conquered what every player dreams of accomplishing. You won the treble with FC Barcelona. You had it all, playing alongside the greatest footballers to ever grace the pitch. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Busquets, and Pique. These players were your partners, your teammates, and your friends. And let’s not forget to mention Lionel Messi’s name. You played with Messi, the greatest of all time, the best player in the history of football and yet you decided to leave? You came to Camp Nou obsessing over all of these players, telling media outlets that it was your dream to share the same locker room as them, yet you still decided to leave? These thoughts have lingered through my mind since the day I heard these rumors of your potential signing with Paris Saint-Germain. I never would have imagined your departure from Barcelona would be so soon. And if I had somehow imagined you leaving, it would have never been in this manner. Being disrespectful to the board, the fans and ultimately to the team. That same team that created you into a powerhouse of a footballer.



Neymar, after four successful seasons with Barca how could you do this? You created a name for yourself in that No.11 blue and red jersey. You were ⅓ of the legendary MSN trident. How could you just get up and leave this club? At first, I denied anything I read about you departing Barca and when I saw Pique’s post I knew for a fact that all the stories were false, as journalists were only creating these stories for the money. However, I was wrong, very wrong. All this time, you were after the money.


Although I must admit, my anger and rage slowly began to fade after I read your posts on social media, thanking the Barca players, and expressing what Barca means to you. I guess I can understand the new challenge you wanted to have in your life as a 25-year-old. Going to Paris is a new challenge for you, but I never thought you would take up that challenge. Regardless of how I feel right now, I will be proud of your achievements with PSG.  If you do ever win the Champions League with PSG, your name will go down in history for giving the European title to this team. I won’t lie, I will be happy for your future successes.


I want to end this by saying thank you. Thank you for all the joy you have given us Barca fans, thank you for the endless smiles, tears and unforgettable moments of joys you have lived through with us. I appreciate all you have done for our team. Especially for that forever historical and legendary  90 + 5-minute match against PSG. You made that night possible, your 99% honest and true faith made that 1% of chance possible.


Image result for neymar 99 faith 1 chance



So grateful for everything you have done for the club. My frustration is simmering down after hearing what you had to say about this move and now my feelings have turned into sadness. It hurts now more than ever to know you are gone. I hope you find what you are looking for.


Forever and always.


Love you Ney,




-Cule (Sarah Salahpour)

Comments

Popular Posts